Friday, July 19, 2013

My mint mani for Talia Joy

Talia was an inspiration to many, myself among them. She took everything life threw at her with a smile. I was very sad when I read that she had passed, but I am also happy that she isn't in any pain now. It was especially hard for me, because a young friend of mine has neuroblastoma, and isn't much older than Talia was. This girl also has that contagious smile and fabulous attitude, and she's my hero for going through what she does with such grace and sweetness. Seeing the posts about the end of Talia's life made me think about how someday I'll open my facebook, and my friend's cheerful yet snarky posts won't be there to cheer me up. How she's just starting high school, and yet I will probably outlive her. She has lived more in her life thus far than many people ever will, much like Talia did, but there are som many things that these girls won't get to experience. It breaks my heart.

What I would like most, is if anyone who reads this goes out and does something just because you can today. Jump in a puddle, drop a watermelon (that was on Talia's bucket list), hug a total stranger, dance in the middle of the grocery store. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it reminds you that, at least for now, you are alive. I'd love to hear what you did, if you don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment